Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
1/4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted (may used canned cherries, but drain syrup)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1. Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Whisk in the sugar a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
4. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add chilled chocolate and cherries and stir to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.