Cauliflower Cheese Soup
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 celery stalks
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
8 cups of cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
1 3/4 quarts chicken broth
sea salt & ground black pepper
8 oz Cheddar cheese
1 tsp English mustard
1. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add all chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is slightly golden.
2. Grate the Cheddar into a bowl and put to one side for later.
3. Add the boiling broth to the vegetables. Give the soup a good stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
1. Remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese and mustard. Using an immersion blender, pulse the soup until silky smooth.
2. Divide between your serving bowls and top with some lightly fried crispy bacon, if you like.