Chinese Style Cheesecake
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Fresh Berries
1 package Egg Roll Wrappers
8 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
3 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
2-½ Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
1 whole Egg
3 Tablespoons Milk
Any fresh fruit of your choice will work, but berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) are best because the liquid content is lower and makes for a better turn out.
1. Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large saute pan (about 325 degrees F).
2. In a bowl, whisk-mix the cream cheese, ricotta, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar until thoroughly blended.
3. Beat egg and milk together.
4. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese mix in the center of the back of each egg roll skin and place about 5 berries in the center of the cheese mixture.
5. Brush the egg wash around the edges of egg rolls skin and fold left and right sides of skin in about 1/2-inch, and then roll from back to front, ensuring that the roll is sealed. Like a burrito, more or less, except closed on top as well.
6. Place in oil and cook both sides until golden brown. Remove onto paper towels to drain for a few minutes.
7. Dust with cinnamon and sugar and top with whipped cream (if desired, of course).