Coconut-Crusted Cauliflower Tacos
1 small cauliflower, chopped in florets
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup plain, unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 small clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Sea salt to taste
Mango Cabbage Slaw:
2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
1 fresh mango, chopped in small cubes
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp maple syrup
Pinch sea salt
6 corn tortillas (or use sprouted corn tortillas)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine shredded coconut, almond meal, garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric and sea salt in a bowl.
3. Place coconut milk in another bowl.
4. Chop cauliflower into florets.
5. Coat each floret in the coconut milk and then dip in the shredded coconut mixture.
6. Spread coated florets of cauliflower out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 35 minutes, until the outside is crisp and the cauliflower is soft.
1. Meanwhile, prepare avocado crema by blending the avocado, coconut milk, garlic, lime juice and sea salt together in the food processor until creamy and smooth.
2. Place avocado crema in a small plastic bag and squeeze toward one of the corners of the bag. Eventually, you’ll snip a very small hole on one of the corners, right before you’re about to squeeze the crema over (in a few steps).
Mango Cabbage Slaw:
1. Chop purple cabbage finely, cut mango into small cubes and chop cilantro.
2. Combine purple cabbage, mango and cilantro in a bowl together with lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup and sea salt.
1. Once the cauliflower is cooked, warm up tortillas for a few minutes in the oven.
2. Place a layer of the mango cabbage slaw down the center of each tortilla.
3. Add some roasted cauliflower on top of each one.
4. Snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and gently squeeze the avocado crema to drizzle over top.
5. Garnish with fresh cilantro.