1 egg yolk
1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
2 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄4 cups fresh bread crumbs
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 pound lump crabmeat
All-purpose flour, for coating
Oil, for deep-frying
1. Beat together the first nine ingredients.
2. Fold in the bread crumbs and parsley.
3. Fold in the crabmeat.
4. Form into 4 to 6 patties.
5. Lightly coat the patties in flour on both sides. Refrigerate for
at least 30 minutes before frying.
6. Deep-fry the crab cakes in 350°F oil (use just enough oil to
cover the crab cakes) until browned.