2 green peppers
1 1/2 onion
1 20 oz can pineapple chunks
1/2 C white sugar
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 T salt
black pepper, just a couple of sprinkles
1 T soy sauce
1/4 C brown sugar
3 T cornstarch
1/2 C cold water
3 pounds fully cooked meatballs (I purchase mine at Costco in the freezer section)
1. Chop up your green peppers and the onion. Add 1 T of olive oil to a hot skillet. Throw in your veggies and saute until they are just a bit wilted.
2. Pour the juice from your can of pineapple into a medium sized bowl. Add the white sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt pepper, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix with a wire whisk until the sugars have dissolved and everything is mixed well.
3. Add the sauce to the veggies. Stir it around and bring it to a boil.
4. In a small bowl combine the cold water and cornstarch. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour the water/cornstarch mixture into the sauce just a little bit at a time. Stir it in and let the sauce come to a boil. The water/cornstarch mixture is a thickener…keep adding it to your sauce until you have a texture similar to thick syrup. You may not end up using it all.
6. Pour the meatballs into a crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Add the pineapple chunks into your sauce and then pour it over the top of the meatballs.
8. Cook in your crock pot on high for 1 hour.
Leave it in the Crock Pot and serve as an appetizer, or serve it over rice for dinner!