Holiday Kettle Corn Snack Mix
5 c. Kettle corn (popped from bag or pre-popped)
1 c. Chocolate crisped rice cereal
1 c. Pretzel bits (with salt)
1 c. Roasted almonds coated in sea salt
8 oz. White chocolate bar (or two 4 oz. bars)
8 oz. Chocolate peppermint candies
Red and green small round sprinkles for topping
Peppermint bark bits for topping (optional)
Melted milk chocolate (optional for topping drizzle)
1) Measure out the popped kettle corn. [Pop bag in microwave as directed on bag’s instructions.] Add to large mixing bowl.
2) Measure out the pretzel bits (crush up larger pretzel pieces if needed), chocolate crisped rice cereal, and roasted almonds. Add these ingredients to the large mixing bowl holding the kettle corn.
3) Unwrap white chocolate bars and break into pieces. Place in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 70 to 80 seconds in 20-second intervals. Stir between each microwave stage to help the chocolate melt evenly.
4) Pour melted white chocolate over the ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix together with a spatula.
5) Once chocolate has coated the snack mix, it should be cool enough to add in candy pieces. Add candy bits into the large mixing bowl and mix again with spatula.
6) Serve mix into preferred vessel: holiday tins for gifting, loose in a bowl, or form into balls. Top with red and green sprinkles and/or crushed peppermint bark bits.
When the white chocolate coating hardens, this really is the most delicious snack ever! Make sure you have the napkins ready!
Cook Time: 10 minutes