Italian Fettuccine Pie
1/2 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
1 can (8 oz.) stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
6 oz. uncooked fettuccine
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, or chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
3. In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs and the butter. Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese. In ungreased 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate, spoon and press mixture evenly in bottom and up side of dish. The trick to this is get another pie plate or a large bowl and press it into the crust. It shapes it for you and presses it up the sides. Leave it on for a few minutes to set.
4. In small bowl, mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in dish. Sprinkle with broccoli. Spoon beef mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.