1 1/2 c Rice
1 lb Pork; fresh 1/2″ cubes
1 Ham slice; chopped
6 Andouille sausage;sliced
2 Onions; finely chopped
1 tb Butter
2 Garlic cloves; crushed
2 Parsley; fresh/minced
2 Bay leaves
1/4 ts Cloves
2 qt Beef broth
1/2 ts Chili pepper; crushed
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1/2 ts Cayenne pepper
1. Put the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the onions and pork and brown
slowly, stirring frequently.
2. When the onions are slightly brown, add the ham and garlic, then the
thyme, bay leaves, parsley and cloves.
3. Brown for 5 minutes more, then add
the sausages. Cook for 5 more minutes and add the beef broth.
4. Cook 10 minutes more and add the rice, chili pepper, salt pepper and cayenne,
adjusting these spices to your taste.
5. Let the mixture boil for 30 minutes longer, or until the rice is done, but still firm.
6. Serve piping hot!
If you are not able to get Andouille sausage in your area, any good quality
kielbasa will be an adequate substitute.