Potato & Spring Leek Soup
1 tbsp of butter
2 stalks celery
salt and pepper
3 baking potatoes
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1. Start by making sure that the leeks are thoroughly washed! They tend to be a gritty, dirty vegetables. Once they are clean, chop the leeks, the celery and the potatoes.
2. In a large pot, melt the butter and then add the leeks, celery and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sautée for about five minutes or until the leeks are tender.
3. Now add the potatoes, the broth and the water and bring to a boil. Once the broth is at a boil, reduce the heat and boil gently, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Remove from heat.
4. Use an handheld blender to puree the soup or transfer it to a standing blender. (You can blend just half of the soup and leave the rest chunky but I blended it all up.)
5. Last, stir in the milk and lemon juice and return to heat. Once the soup is hot and steaming, but not boiling, remove it from the heat and let it cool.