12 cups plain popped popcorn
1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
1/2 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
Preheat over to 250.
2. Combine popcorn and nuts in large bowl
3. Melt butter in medium heavy saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring now and then. Stir in vanilla.
4. Working quickly and carefully (sugar mixture is super-hot!), pour sugar mixture over popcorn and nuts. Stir with a wooden spoon until coated.
5. Spread mixture in a single layer on two lightly greased two baking pans. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes, stirring once.
6. Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes and break into chunks.
7. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (if you use the microwave, melt on 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until melted). Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
8. Cool until chocolate hardens (this goes faster in the fridge.) Store in airtight container