Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 roasted red peppers
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
3 cups stock or water (add more to thin the soup out if you like)
1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional garnish)
1 tablespoon sour cream (optional garnish)
1 tablespoon dukkah (optional garnish)
1 tablespoon herb (optional garnish, chopped)
1. Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive oil with the salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer in a baking dish.
3. Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
7. Add the cauliflower, roasted red peppers, cayenne and stock.
8. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
9. Puree with a hand blender.
10. Serve garnished with heavy cream or dukkah or chopped herbs etc.