3/4 lb raw tiger shrimp, peeled and cut into chunks
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
vegetable oil for frying
1. Preheat oil to 350°F.
2. Place shrimp, green onions and garlic into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Set Aside.
3. Pour water into medium pot and add butter and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Once mixture has come to a boil, add flour and quickly stir with a wooden spoon, until dough forms. Continue to stir over medium heat, for about 3 minutes.
5. Place dough into a stand mixer fixed with a paddle attachment and run on medium speed, allowing steam to escape.
6. Once most of the steam has disappeared add the egg, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Fold pepper into the pate a choux (the doughy/battery mixture).
8. Fold the shrimp mixture into the pate a choux until fully incorporated.
9. Once oil is hot, add tablespoon sized balls of the shrimp mixture into the oil (you’ll have to do this in batches); make sure not to crowd the pan/fryer.
10. Fry each fritter for 4 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway if necessary. Drain on a paper towel and season lightly with salt.